If you don’t have one yet forget it. Only the nasty ones are left on the shelves since all the people with true forethought picked their cards up at lunch time. When you get to the card shop the only ones left have messages like: “Be my Valentine!… But first would you mind getting a lice check?”
Your hand-made valentine card will go over much better than anything you could buy at the store. But here are five tips you can use when constructing your card.
1) Use the red pen to draw several hearts on the paper. Don’t draw anatomically correct hearts. Do a more abstract version that looks cute instead of gushy and throbbing.
2) Put a nice one liner on the card. Something like… “Roses are red, violets are blue. I made this card especially for you.”
3) be sure to include: “Be my Valentine” on the card
4) On the back in small type in the lower corner write: “(c) 2012 YOUR NAME”. This will clearly show that you made the card and it is your property.
5) If you are really generous and desperate fold up a $100 bill and tape it to the card.
Now get to work… believe me a text just will not work today.